Senior Project Designer – Denver
The Holland Basham Team
The Senior Project Designer plays a crucial role in our architectural firm, blending high design acumen with a deep understanding of various sectors, including corporate, higher education, healthcare, and multifamily residential. This individual is distinguished not only by their exceptional design skills but also by their experience in business development, client engagement, and team leadership. Additional responsibilities include mentoring younger staff and leveraging a comprehensive knowledge of the local market to enhance our firm’s projects and business strategies. Through mentorship, market insight, and design excellence, this role will be instrumental in driving our firm’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Project Designer is responsible for the building design, meeting with clients to discuss their vision, and overseeing the design process throughout the project.
- Promote a dynamic design environment that fosters leading-edge creativity.
- Work collaboratively with the design team to guide the design process on projects of various sizes and across a range of project sectors.
- Lead and oversee the project team to coordinate design consultants, trades, and agencies related to building design while monitoring drawings.
- Prepare presentations and design drawings.
- Mentor and guide junior designers and architects, sharing knowledge and experience to nurture their development and promote a culture of learning within the firm.
- Actively contribute to a positive office culture, embodying and promoting values of creativity, inclusivity, and the joy of design in every aspect of work.
- Drive business development efforts, identifying new opportunities, engaging with potential clients, and enhancing the firm’s market presence through strategic relationships and presentations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited program, master’s degree preferred
- Licensure preferred but not required
- At least 10 years of relevant architectural design experience with a strong portfolio
- Ability to translate client ideas into visual and/or tangible references such as drawings or models
- Outstanding communication and leadership abilities, capable of inspiring a team and fostering a collaborative, innovative work environment.
- Proven ability in business development and client relations, with a knack for building and maintaining strong professional relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of the local market, including key players, trends, and opportunities.
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA), we are disclosing the following compensation and benefits information about this position. The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $125,000. This salary range is an estimate based on potential employee qualifications, location, and other considerations permitted by law. In compliance with the EPEWA, an applicant’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
The salary range listed above is just one component of the company’s total compensation package for employees. In addition, the company offers a variety of benefits including: health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, parental and childbirth-related leave, paid holidays, paid time off, and a flexible work schedule.
Applicants should submit their applications to Karla Snead, Director of People & Culture, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.