“When seeing people succeed in the areas where I have aspirations, it lets me know that with hard work, determination, and the right tools, I can succeed just as they have.”
Get to Know Davielle Phillips!
Growing up on the southside of Chicago, Davielle’s natural curiosity was piqued by his surroundings and the buildings of downtown, leading him to a career in architecture. As a budding professional, his curiosity continues to be inspired by the successes and failures of others, where lessons can be learned from each to continue to grow personally and professionally. Davielle’s design skills, processes, and the ability to solve complex problems are combined with smiles and laughter in collaboration with coworkers, making him a great asset to the HBA team.
We asked Davielle for some fun facts, and we learned some new things about him:
- He loves to explore Omaha and try out new restaurants and activities
- In 5th or 6th grade, he did a google search, “Who decides what buildings look like?”, leading him to architecture
- The most rewarding part of his job is the people he works with
- Davielle is passionate about his business skills (he is an MBA!) and giving back to the community
- If he was not an architect, he would be teaching and developing initiatives to gain youth involvement in the design field
Davielle is a true leader in the community, currently serving on the Executive Board of the Urban League of Nebraska Young Professionals as Co-Chair of the Community Service Committee. He serves as a mentor at Nelson Mandela Elementary, King Science Elementary, Boys and Girls Club, and Kids Can! Club ACCESS. Additionally, Davielle sits on the Executive Board for the local chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. to host and participate in numerous community service events offering scholarships to graduating OPS high school seniors.