This 11,400 s.f. addition for the MICAH House provides a fully-licensed childcare center on the Lakin Campus. The project scope includes classrooms, sensory rooms, and a large indoor play area. Design consideration of the mindfulness of the children and staff led to providing calming retreat and focus spaces. The early childhood education team at Holland Basham applied their research and knowledge to ensure the design is welcoming and supportive for the children, their families, and the staff.
- Interior Design
- Construction Documents
- Construction Administration
- 11,400 s.f.
- Sensory room to calm students and improve their focus
- Mindfulness room for staff to retreat
- Secure entrances
- Large indoor play area with acoustical treatments
- Classrooms with teacher prep area, casework, sink, refrigerator
- Staff breakroom with direct access to the exterior
- Conference/workroom to accommodate all staff
- Warming kitchen with adequate space for classroom carts
- Cubbies outside of every classroom for car seats and student’s personal items